What are you looking for? God's glory or the glory of men
John 12.36-50. " While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. "
These passages of scriptures refer to events that preceded the death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. The Lord reproached the Jews of not believing the message of the gospel by which they would be saved. He reproached their unbelief, their hardness of heart despite all the miracles that he had operated under their eyes in villages, cities, synagogues.
Jesus Christ is the Light
" While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them (John 12.35)"
• Jesus Christ is the light that we must follow to be the children of light in order not to walk in darkness. Whoever does not walk with Jesus Christ is in the darkness! No matter your social status, your religion, your degrees, your title, your achievements in life, your wealth , if you do not have Jesus Christ you are in the darkness!
• Today more and more people prefer to walk in way of their heart ,of their own addiction, according to their own desires, in their own philosophies to the detriment of the word of God that should be their guide, model. We are witnessing an abomination and wickedness increasingly execrable. Evil become good and good become evil. In the name of human rights, protection of minorities, it irrigates the abominations such as homosexuality, pedophilia, zoophilia, transsexuality, incest, fornication, sex before marriage and outside marriage as moral value. This generation is worse than Sodom and Gomorrah which by their abomination had prompted God's wrath to fall upon them by the flames of fire thereby reducing the ruined city. Even today, those who engage in such practice know that hell, lake of fire and brimstone is reserved to them unless they repent of their evil ways! " Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6.9-10) "
Unbelief in Jesus Christ, the way of perdition
" But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: (Jean12. 37-42) "
• The devil make blind more and more people through trickery and several gravediggers of the Gospel to prevent people to access to salvation, eternal life. He makes them insensitive, he makes them live a carefree life, nobody cares about the state of his soul. He makes them believe that everything stops down here, they do not need God. He makes them believe they can save themself by their own intelligence, their own wisdom, their wealth to the point where many do not believe in the existence of God." And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? (Luke 12.18-20) "?
• The devil makes people increasingly incredulous by their hardness of heart, he makes them love wealth, fame, power, fame more than God. He leads them to believe in themselves, to glorify themself than placing their faith in God, he pushes them to seek the vanity, he pushes them to fond of worldly things , to be carnal than to love the way of God. " But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4.3-4) ... Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2.15-17). "
What are you looking for? The glory of men, or of God's glory
" Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. (John 12.42-47) "
• These passages show us how far the search for the praise of men leads to destruction like those Jewish leaders who believed in Jesus Christ, but because they liked to be well seen by men, they loved honored, they were afraid of losing their privileges, they were afraid of being associated with Jesus Christ, this prevented them to follow him, to take position for him.
• The desire to be honored, to be appreciated by men, to do as many push many to turn away from God's ways
• Many are afraid of criticism, they are afraid to follow Christ, to be associated with true Christians because they believe that the Christian life is too restrictive, few conform to the world and its attractions, they would live life Christ and live the life of the world at the same time without being able to expose their sin
• Many are fearful, for the sake of wanting to please their parents, their family, their friends, their entourage refuse to follow Jesus Christ, doing the will of God, to fulfill the call of God. " Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.... He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. (Matthew 10.32-33,37-40) "
• We must seek God's glory instead of the glory of men, the glory of men leads to destruction, eternal ruin. God created us so that we glorify Him, to love Him with all our heart more than anything else down here. The search for the glory of God is what should motivate our thoughts, our words, our actions in everything. He is the one that must be raised, glorified, exalted, adored, glorified. " And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. (Mark 12:30) ... Whether therefore ye eat, or you drink, or you do something else, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10.3) "
What to do to seek the glory of God?
1. Have faith in Jesus Christ to receive salvation and eternal life. " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2.8) "
2. Follow Jesus Christ all the days of your life in obedience to the word of God. " Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed (Jean 8.31)."
3. Walk in holiness all the days of our life. "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. (Hébreux12.14)"
4. Find the will of God in all situations of life good or bad. " This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)."
5. Pray the Lord, praise him, worship him every day. " Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; (Ephesians 5:19)"
At the end of this message, I encourage you to seek God's glory in all situations of life, to honor, to glorify him! " Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. (1 Samuel 2.30) "
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
• Confess your sins, turn away from all evil ways, ask the blood of Christ to cleanse you from all sin according to 1john 1. 9
• Invites the Lord Jesus Christ in your heart with a prayer of faith as your Lord and personal Savior according to Romans 10.9-10, in doing it you will receive salvation and eternal life
• Observe and puts into practice the five principles outlined in this message to seek the glory of God
• inspire yourself by this message for other prayer points and pray as the Holy Spirit lead you