The Victory of the Cross
Colossians 2.6-15: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. "
Hi everybody !
These passages we just read, teach us about the meaning of our walk with the Lord after we received the Lord by instructions that will govern our relationship with the Lord: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Colossians 2.6-8) "
These passages also reveal the relevance and scope of the work of the cross in the life of Christians in particular and all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. We shall see later the significance of this work in our lives today.
The meaning of the work of the cross
• In what many believe, the significance of the work of the cross is not physical but spiritual. It’s spiritually that we can judge and assess its impact in our lives
• It does not mortify themselves or wanting to relive in his flesh the suffering that Christ accomplished once and for all definitively. "For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. (Hebrews 7.26-27). "
• It is not to wear a physical cross to show his membership in the Lord Jesus Christ, as many do because even some Satanists and occultists use the cross for their incantations. "In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses (Colossians 2.11-13) "
• It is not attributable to a single piece of wood or metal (in form of cross) made with hands of man the powers of protection or can hunt demons or evil spirits. For it is through the Holy Spirit that demons are chased. "So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59.19) "
• It is not to prostrate before the effigies, crosses or displaying an image of the Lord is priced, it would be idolatry condemned by the Lord himself. More the Lord is no longer on the cross, he is risen, glorified and seated at the right hand of God. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20.3-6) ... But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4.23-24) "
The victory of the cross
• On the cross the Lord Jesus Christ has accomplished everything, he has paid the price for our sins, our diseases, our curses, of our afflictions that we may be justified, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. (John 19:30) ... Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. (Heb 2.14-15) ... Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (1 Peter 1.18-19) ... Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3.13-14) "
• The work of the cross is perfect, there is nothing to add in it, any doctrine or teaching that challenges that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross for us is from the devil. "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. (Hebrews 10.11-14) "
• But it is our responsibility as a Christian to take ownership of the victory of the work of the Cross through prayer, this is where all the difference is made! There are Christians who live in victory, some in defeat because of the degree of ownership of the victory of the work of the cross in their respective lives.
• We must not be ignorant of the designs of the enemy, we have strength, power only through the work of the cross, we must remain in the message of the cross (accept to live, walk like Christ in good and bad time) to remain victorious, without the work of the cross Christianity is a dead religion
• We need to involve the work of the cross, use the blood of Jesus Christ to break the curses, covenants, demonic alliances, the yokes of servitude, afflictions, diseases, revoke the satanic decrees that were fighting our prophetic destiny in Christ "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. (Colossians 2.14-15) "
• We must make our own the victory of the cross in the spiritual battles and the challenges we face
• We can access to the victory, the triumph, the issuance by the victory of the cross
• The Devil fears the victory of the cross accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ more than anything else because on the cross he was humiliated, stripped with his demons by a crashing defeat, he lost his grip and his dominion over the God's people. " And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. (Colossians 2:15) "
After that message more than ever before we must make our own the victory of the cross no longer live under the bondage of the devil and his demons. We must make our own the victory of the cross in depth by applying it in all areas of our lives, renouncing all works of darkness of our past (covenants, demonic alliances, sins ...) in our lives through sincere repentance using the blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all unrighteousness. Then destroying in prayer by the blood of Christ all the yokes of bondage in our lives. " He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. (Proverbs 28:13)... And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Apocalypse 12.10-11) "
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
-Confesse your sins, ask the blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse you from all sin according 1Jean1.9
-Invite The Lord Jesus Christ in your Heart as your Lord and personal Saviour by faith prayer according to Romans 10.9-10
- appropriate yourself the victory of the cross by renouncing by the blood of Jesus Christ to the covenants, demonic alliances that keeps you in bondage
-Break in using the blood of Jesus Christ all the yokes of bondage in your life as the Holy Spirit will lead you and reveal to you