You can still make the right choice!
Luke 12.15-21 " And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. "
Hi to everybody !
This story that the lord relate to us through his word speaks to every one of us on how we manage our lives and have both material and financial resources God puts at our disposal.
It challenges us about choices we make in our daily lives. The quality of our choices determine our success or failure, whatever the field .What it in our walk with God, in our studies, our business, our projects, our work, our future spouse, our career, we are called to one time or another to make a choice .
But the question persists: Do you make good or bad choice? Or do you regret the choices that you operate till today?
Sometimes, in our ignorance, our obsession, our unbelief to the Lord, our pride, we make bad choices that affect us negatively and little lead us to total ruin!
Whom do you serves really ? The Lord Jesus Christ, your religion, the devil, your wealth or your person?
" And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. (Luke 12:15) ... I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: (Deuteronomy 30:19) ...For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Philippians 3.18-21) "
• Greed of this man in the text led him to death and eternal damnation, hell. He had an excessive love of money and the things of this world, he was greedy as are many today who are willing to sell their soul to the devil to gain access to material prosperity. He had forgotten that it is the Lord who gives life and causes death, it's him who has the last word in our lives, he had forgotten God, pity for him, how tragic end! " See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. (Deuteronomy 32:39) ... I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Revelation 1:18) "
• This man boasted of his wealth forgetting the Lord his God from whom he has received everything, he believed that it was by his own strength, his intelligence he had obtained this abundant harvest. He was imbued with his person, Hautin, proud as is the case of many believing he did not need God since he believed that his life depended on his wealth and forgetting his Maker! " Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein; And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied; Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were fiery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who brought thee forth water out of the rock of flint; Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end; And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish. (Deuteronomy 8.11-19) "
• This man was planning, was programming, planning his future forgetting that tomorrow is not yours God , the breath of life is not yours " And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. (Luke 12.17-19) ... LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am. Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah. (Psalm 39.4-5). "
• It is not our wealth which are problem for God, but what we do with our wealth and resources that God makes available to us because gold, silver, the treasures, the earth and all his fullness belong to him . It is our attitude to wealth that God gives us that is the problem ,rather than closer to him more , sometimes they depart rather some people of God when they do not let the Lord break their pride, preferred be pleasant to the world rather than God. We must realize that we are simply the manager of the resources that God gives us, we must understand that the wealth that God gives us must be used to glorify him anywhere, anytime! " For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. (2 Corinthians 8.9) ... The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts. (Haggai 2.8) ... Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. (Deuteronomy 10.14) "
• This man amassed treasure for himself and is not rich for God. What a tragic end! " But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. (Luke 12.20-21) ... Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. (Ecclesiastes 7.8) ... For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? (Mark 8:36) ... Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal (Matthew 6.19-20) ... If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (Colossians 3.1-2) "
What must we do to make the right choice?
1. Choose eternal life by inviting the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior in your heart with a prayer of faith. " And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.(1 John 5.11-13) "
2. In all your choices, first find the Lord's interests, it must have the highest priority, his interests must come before ours, he must have first place in everything. " But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33) ... Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians.. 10.31) "
3. Giving, invest for the Lord's work (evangelism, helping the needy, prisoners, provide for the needs of the local churches ...). " But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God; (2 Corinthians 9.6-12) "
At the end of this message, I invite you to make the right choice, it is not yet too late, whatever your past mistakes and failures, the Lord gives you another opportunity today to correct your mistakes, you can make the right choice by choosing the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, the Savior of mankind! If you do that, you will receive the forgiveness of your sins and receive the precious gift of eternal life that are in Christ Jesus! Do not give yourself to the lie of the devil who has for objective to destroy you and take you to hell with him and with the greatest number of person as possible " Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels(Matthew 25:41) ... Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7.13-14) "
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
-Confesse Your sins, turn away from all evil ways, asked the precious blood of Christ to cleanse you from all sin according to 1 John 1.9
-Invite The Lord Jesus Christ into your heart as your Lord and Savior by a prayer of faith according to Romans 10.9-10
-Observe And put into practice the 3 principles to operate the right choice as set forth in this message
-Inspire Yourself of this message to other topics of prayer and pray as the Holy Spirit lead you