Jesus Christ gives you power to overcome that situation!
Matthew 10.1-14. "And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
These passages of scripture occur after the selection of 12 disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ to preach the good news of the kingdom of heaven to the souls scattered from the Lord. After going through several towns and villages in the company of disciples operating under their eyes many miracles and healings of various kinds, he decided after the phase of observation of the disciples to make them pass the test of practical sessions accompanied by instruction and recommendation to be followed carefully.
But what is most important in this learning is that the disciples did not go on their own, their own strength, Jesus Christ gives them the power and authority to ensure successful learning, to face challenge and trial ! We also today who are his disciples, he grants us the same power to overcome these hardships!
We shall see later what are the specificities of this power, under what circumstances to use it and how to use it.
The Power that The Lord Jesus Christ gives us!
• It is our ability to exercise our right to decide or act in an area or a particular circumstance instead of the Lord. This is a delegation of power
• It is the supernatural abilities (spiritual gifts, talents) we receive from the Lord to operate in the miraculous or extraordinary
• It is our right, our legal capacity to act on behalf and for the account of the Lord Jesus Christ wherever he calls us to serve and glorify his holy name
• Our ability to dominate the forces of darkness and evil, " Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.... Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Luke 10:19) "
• The power that Jesus Christ gives us comes from above, it is not from the occult powers, this is not a mixed power of darkness as do many gravediggers of the gospel today that combines God and Satan to have power to take advantage of as many to hell with them. " Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning... (Jacques 1:17) ... And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (Matthew 28:18). "
How to use the power we receive from the Lord Jesus Christ?
• To preach the gospel of the kingdom of heaven (evangelism) for the salvation of souls who will go probably in hell if they do not convert to the Lord " And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. (Matthew 10.7) "
• To heal the sick, cast out demons, raise the dead. " Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (Matthew 10.8)"
• To remove obstacles, opposition fiercely opposed to God's purposes in our lives " Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. (.. Matthew 21.21-22) "
• To command the elements of nature around us " Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. (Matthew 21.18-21) "
• To destroy strongholds, minds and all hills that rise against the knowledge of God. " For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10.3- 5) "
• To address the events and circumstances of our lives so that they work, collaborate in our favor. " Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding (Daniel 2.20-21) "
• To call things to existence. " Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. (Romans 4.16-17) ... Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Proverbs 18:21) "
How to exercise the power that the Lord gives us?
1. By inviting the Lord Jesus Christ in his heart and his life as his Lord and Savior with a prayer of faith, in making it ,you become a child of God and receive eternal life. " That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10.9-10) ... But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1.12-13) "
2. By keeping his heart pure for the Lord and watching over what comes out of his mouth. " Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12.33-37) "
3. Being aware that we are not ordinary men, but rendered extraordinary by the power of Jesus Christ invests in us. " And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease (Matthew 10.1) "
4. Sharing the gospel message to our loved ones, families, friends, neighbors and wherever the Lord sends us to witness to him. " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28.19-20) "
5. By praying with faith in the name the name of Jesus Christ for our disease, the sick, casting out demons, raising the dead. " Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (Matthew 10.8) ... And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16.17-18). "
6. Meditating, confessing the word of God in the circumstances and challenges that we face. " When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our (Matthew 8.16-17) "
At the end of this message, I invite you to entrust your life, your situation to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the solution to your problem! Take ownership of the power that is in his name and remove Satan and his demons from all areas of your destiny! Jesus Christ gives you power and authority necessary to overcome this situation!
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
-Confesse Your sins, turn away from all evil ways, asked the precious Blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse you from all sin according to 1 John 1.9
-Invite the Lord Jesus Christ in your heart as your Lord and personal Savior with a prayer of faith according to Romans 10.9-10, in making it you receive the salvation and the precious gift of eternal life through the Holy Spirit that will remain now in you
- Observe and puts into practice the 6 principles of this message to exercise the power of Jesus Christ on your situation
-Inspire Yourself of this message for other prayer points and pray as the Holy Spirit lead you