The Walk by faith
2 Corinthians 5.7: "For we walk by faith and not by sight"
This inquiry of the Apostle Paul in the scriptures requires us to walk by faith and not by sight because insurance believer in God is the walk of faith. We shall see later for what it is that walking by faith and what these implications in our lives.
Between faith and sight
• The whole Christian life is a march based on faith in Christ, our success or failure in this march depends on our walk of faith
• Non-believers walk by sight, but the Christian should walk by faith
• The sight here refers to circumstances, events, challenges, trials, opposition, adversity that we face
• Faith and sight here are two antipodes therefore radically and diametrically opposed
• It is impossible to walk by faith and sight at the same time, or we walk by faith or we walk by sight, one of the two directions at once
• The Christian should therefore not walk by sight because he would be exposed in the lie of his emotions, the enemy that would divert his trust in God
The Walk by faith
" And they returned from searching of the land after forty days. And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land. And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it. Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there. The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan. And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. (Num 13.25-33). "
These passages illustrate the advantage walking by faith and by sight, on one side we see Joshua and Caleb who walked by faith, the other the other 10 spies Israelites who were conspicuous by defeatism, negativism and pessimism while their companions hoped for the victory of the Lord that was powerful to deliver them. Walking by faith involves the following aspects:
• This is the absolute dependence, total submission to God in all circumstances good or bad
• Walking by faith is to live by faith is to depend on faith in God and not to the circumstances " Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (Hebrews 10:38) "
• Anyone who agrees to walk by faith must depends more of God than on him, depends on the power of God than his weaknesses, shortcomings and fears
• Anyone who walks by faith depends on the word of God in every circumstance, he does not look the circumstances, do not perceive through the senses even if they are real, but looks every good or bad circumstances in the light of the word of God, he examines all in the light of the word of God
• He who walks by faith has the assurance that God is all powerful to fulfill his promises
• Walking by faith is also like walking by the Holy Spirit
How do we walk by faith?
1. Rooted in the word of God, to know and practice the word . " So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17) ... This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (Joshua 1.8) "
2. Develop an intimacy with God through the Holy Spirit to listen and obey him . " The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14) ... If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. (Galatians 5:25) "
3. Dare to make exploits with the Lord in the field in which he calls us. " Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies. (Psalm 60.12) "
4. Pray with faith. " And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (Mark 11.22-24). "
At the end of this message, I encourage you to walk by faith, for it is by faith that we overcome opposition, adversity, challenges, trials. It is by faith that we will face the challenges of our generation, we shall do exploit with our God! " And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. (Daniel 11:32) "
Pst. DANY BAVOUA
-Confesse Your sins, asking the precious blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse you from all unrighteousness according to 1 John 1.9
-Invite the Lord Jesus Christ in your heart as your Savior and Lord by your personal prayer of faith according to Romans 10.9-10
-Ask the Lord to help you put this message into practice to walk by faith
The Walk by faith